Curried Rice with Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1.5 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 stalks of scallion, chopped
1. In a rice cooker or a small pot, bring 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1 1/2 cup of water and rice to boil. Or set to cook in rice cooker.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, carrots and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until soft.
3. Add shrimp, pineapple and scallion and the spices and cook for 3 minutes. If the mixture seems to get dry, you can add a bit of chicken broth to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about another 2 minutes.
4. Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix until the spices are thoroughly mixed in.